Welcome to the Advanced Structural Materials Group at PolyU.
Our research focuses on the development of advanced structural materials, including
• May 25, 2023: Collaborative paper on ultrastrong tungsten alloys was published in Nature Communications.
• May 01, 2023: Mengchao's paper on GB segregation of steels was published in Acta Materialia.
• Dec 01, 2022: Dr. Jiao was appointed as an Associate Editor of Materialia (Acta Materialia Inc.).
• Oct 10, 2022: Dr. Jiao was listed among the World’s Top 2% Most-cited Scientists by Stanford University (single year).
• Apr 21, 2022: Collaborative paper on high-entropy metallic glasses was published in Nature Communications.
• Mar 03, 2021: Mengchao's paper on new maraging stainless steels was published in Acta Materialia.
• Dec 16, 2020: Bingchen's paper on discontinuous precipitation of steels was published in Acta Materialia.
• Dec 07, 2020: Lei's paper on coherent nanolamellar high-entropy alloys was published in Nature Communications.
• July 24, 2020: Collaborative paper on multicomponent intermetallic alloys was published in Science.
Dr. Zengbao Jiao, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
焦增宝 博士，副教授，香港理工大学 机械工程学系 先进结构材料研究组